- Detail & Program Access
- Overview & Objectives
- Credit Eligibility
- Program Materials
- Funding Support
|Featuring:||Drs Gita Wahi, Rani Kobayashi, Nadia Khan, Russel DeSouza, Anil Maheshwari|
|Details:||Five presentations with clickable links for easy navigation to the content of interest to you.|
|View Session 1|
|Featuring:||Drs Alka Kanaya, Calvin Ke, Milan Gupta, Narendra Singh|
|Details:||Four presentations with clickable links for easy navigation to the content of interest to you.|
|View Session 2|
This program will equip participants to identify, evaluate and treat South Asian patients with, or at risk for cardiovascular disease.
• Explore the social and genetic impacts on cardiovascular risk for South Asians
• Identify cardiovascular risk factors and disease prevalence in South Asians
• Explore culturally appropriate lifestyle modifications through diet and physical activity, as well as medical intervention for obesity management, to reduce cardiovascular risk.
• Examine cardiovascular risk findings from the Masala Study
• Apply guideline centric approach to cardiovascular risk management for South Asian patients
• Examine strategies for managing diabetes, lipids and heart failure in South Asian patients
The OnDemand recordings of this live program are NOT accredited.
Mainpro+ participants may earn certified credits by completing a Linking Learning Exercise.
Specialist participants may claim Section 2 credits (up to 2 credits per hour) following completion of a personal learning project (PLP) under Section 2: Self-Learning Activities within the MAINPORT ePortfolio.
This program was developed by the Canadian Collaborative Research Network and received an unrestricted educational grant from Bayer, HLS Therapeutics and Pfizer Canada ULC.
This program was developed by the Canadian Collaborative Research Network, a not-for-profit physician organization. A PDF copy of the slides from this program is available for CCRN members of the CCRN website. Visit www.ccrnmd.com/resources to download the materials.