- Detail & Program Access
- Credit Eligibility
- Program Materials
- Funding Support
|Drs Kevin Saunders, Milan Gupta, Robert Hegele, Eva Lonn
|Four presentations with clickable links for easy navigation to the content of interest to you.
|CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE VIDEO
DOWNLOADABLE SLIDES. View the Program Materials tab for more information.
This program is not accredited. Physicians may earn self-learning credits through active steps. View more information under the Credit Eligibility tab.
Family physicians, cardiovascular specialists, allied health professionals
This program will explore diagnostic and management issues through challenging patient cases. CCRN's Stump the Experts format will place notable Canadian lipid experts on the hotseat as they are asked to diagnose and manage challenging patient cases that may stretch the boundaries of the guidelines.
- Assess risk in primary prevention and determine appropriate use of non-traditional risk markers or risk enhancers
- Optimize lipid-related risk in patients with diabetes
- Describe risk reduction therapies in secondary prevention, and determine which patient deserves which therapy
- Identify and manage patients with familial hypercholesterolemia
- Examine concerns regarding statin intolerance and very low achieved LDL levels