- Detail & Program Access
- Overview & Objectives
- Credit Eligibility
- Program Materials
- Funding Support
Program Access and Details:
DOWNLOADABLE SLIDES. View the Program Materials tab for more information.
This program is not accredited. Physicians may earn self-learning credits through active steps. View more information under the Credit Eligibility tab.
Family physicians, cardiovascular specialists, allied health professionals
This program will explore diagnostic and management issues through challenging patient cases. CCRN's Stump the Experts format will place notable Canadian lipid experts on the hotseat as they are asked to diagnose and manage challenging patient cases that may stretch the boundaries of the guidelines.
- Assess risk in primary prevention and determine appropriate use of non-traditional risk markers or risk enhancers
- Optimize lipid-related risk in patients with diabetes
- Describe risk reduction therapies in secondary prevention, and determine which patient deserves which therapy
- Identify and manage patients with familial hypercholesterolemia
- Examine concerns regarding statin intolerance and very low achieved LDL levels
This program is NOT accredited.
Mainpro+ participants may earn certified credits by completing a Linking Learning Exercise.
Specialist participants may claim Section 2 credits (up to 2 credits per hour) following completion of a personal learning project (PLP) under Section 2: Self-Learning Activities within the MAINPORT ePortfolio.
This program has been developed by the Canadian Collaborative Research Network, a not-for-profit physician organization, and was supported through an educational grant received from:
This program was developed by the Canadian Collaborative Research Network, a not-for-profit physician organization. A PDF copy of the slides from this program are available for CCRN members from the CCRN website.
Visit www.ccrnmd.com/resources to download the materials.
MD, FRCPC, FACP, FAHA, FCAHS, FCCS
MD, MSc, FRCPC, FACC
MD, FRCPC, FCCS, CPC(HC)